Downsizing your home? It’s never to soon to get organised
Thinking about selling your home and moving to a retirement village? Start early and get help from experts if you can says Sales Agent, Robyn Greer.
“Selling a home can be stressful at any age,” says Robyn, who is the Sales Agent for HBH Senior Living. “Many of my clients have been in their homes for years, so it’s a huge unknown.”
Robyn often ends up supporting her clients throughout the entire process. “We have many, many cups of tea!” she laughs. For those who can afford it, she recommends getting help from experts, with cleaning, de-cluttering and even staging homes ready for sale. “You don’t have to spend a lot of money, but presentation is everything – and that can take time.”
For clients who’d rather do it themselves, she recommends getting started even earlier. “Selling and moving into retirement living can take months or even years,” explains Robyn. “I worked with one client for two years. They knew they wanted to shift – and there was a lot of de-cluttering to do!”
“Downsizing can feel daunting, but it’s worth it,” says Robyn. “I’m here to help, so please call me on 027 494 0344 for a chat or a cuppa.”
Robyn’s 5 top tips for selling your home
- Talk to a real estate agent well ahead of time, so you have plenty of time to prepare your property for sale.
- Make sure your home is clean, tidy and well-maintained.
- Remember it might not be worth renovating as your buyer may have different tastes.
- Get professional help with cleaning, styling and de-cluttering your home.
- Don’t leave everything to the last minute. Think ahead and slowly work towards your goal sooner rather than later.