COVID-19 Update: 5 March 2021
Dear Residents and Family Members
HBH Care Facilities (rest home and hospital) remain in Lockdown – No Visiting – until Friday 12th March 2021, 10am
As you know today the government announced that Auckland will move back to Level 2 at 6am on Sunday.
HBH has decided that in order to keep our residents and staff as safe as possible, HBH will remain in lockdown until Friday, 12th March – 10am.
We will confirm this date and time on Thursday 11th so please do not just arrive on Friday, wait to receive confirmation.
Opening up again will depend on community case situation.
This outbreak has been very close to home for HBH, with many staff and relatives living and shopping in the areas affected. We want to make absolutely sure that there are no lingering community cases before opening our doors to visitors.
Resident and staff safety is our first priority.
Video calling: we will continue with video calling this coming week via WhatsApp. If you would like a video call with your relative, please contact the RN in charge of the community where they live via email with your mobile number.
Please be patient and also flexible with your availability as we have a lot of calls to arrange and get through.
Just to remind you what lockdown means:
- No visitors to the care facility.
- Residents may not leave the facility unless it is for urgent medical reasons. Non urgent medical/clinic appointments will be cancelled/rescheduled.
- We are restricting movement within the facility. Residents will remain within their own community and there will be no mingling. This is to reduce chances of any infection spreading if it were to occur.
Dropping off gifts or personal items for residents: if you want to get something to a resident, please drop it off at the HOSPITAL main door in the box provided (or put in fridge provided if perishable goods). Please label clearly with the name of the resident, community they are in and room number. Staff will collect items and deliver them.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Team Leader/RN in charge of your community.
- Day Club: will start again next week – but with very restricted numbers. The Team Leader Lorraine will be in touch with families about this.
- Respite care and admissions to care: will start again next week but with isolation requirements and Covid 19 screening requirements. Jenny Moore our Social Worker will be in touch with affected families.
- Virtual Village East: only those activities not being held at HBH, and that can meet Level 2 restrictions will be occurring. VV Co-ordinator Lee will be in touch about what is and is not happening.
- 139 on Union and Stevenson Village: may receive visitors under level 2 but are encouraged to keep numbers small (1 to 2 visitors at a time). Visitors must NOT come to the rest home or hospital.
- Volunteers: no volunteers onsite, Lilia our volunteer Co-ordinator will keep all volunteers up to date.
I know some of you will be disappointed that we are staying in lockdown longer, but we are doing what we consider is in the best interests of our residents. Y
You might be interested to know that some care facilities outside of Auckland have locked down even though they didn’t have to – in aged care we have to play it very safe.
Thank you for your understanding. Working together and with patience and kindness we will get through this safe and well.
Bonnie Robinson, CEO